Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Case For Rebuilding

As I have been working through rebuilding the data management for the studio, I have come to realize that I really need to rebuild the original chapters of Ethos. This is all in part because things are out of date, and I have learned so much more about design and pre-pressing since these original files were put together.

However, this is a lot of work. But perhaps it is needed both not only on a mechanical level, but on a spiritual one as well. I need to walk the ground I have already treat to bring me back to the place we were at and find the balance I had once lost.

Okay, yeah, that was very wispy, but with a work like Ethos, you have to be willing to go on gut and feeling, and some times even wispy.

3 comments:

Joatmon said...

As a fan of ethos so far, just wanted to express hope for the continuation of this most excellent web comic, though i understand your reasons for hiatus
Thanks for the status information

bbr said...

We all hope you can find the time again sometime :)

Anonymous said...

Just a quick question: Are there still some prints of the original books available? Unfortunately I had discovered this comic too late to still order them from the webshop :-/