Monday, January 5, 2009

And The Band Played On

So it's been a silent few months on the public stage for myself. The reasons for that are pretty simple.

In August I married the woman that I loved very much. I became a father to an amazing three year old. And in doing so every day became focused on the two of them.

It can be a bit of a character flaw of mine. I will always have twenty different things up in the air, but at the end of the day I'll find myself focused almost exclusively on two or three of them. And in this dance, my writing and Ethos were left without chairs when the music stopped.

It wasn't because I wanted this. Rather it was a question of the man I was. Which was more important. My family or my life's work. I know the answer.

But it doesn't mean this is the end game. Far from it. It just means now is the time to learn the balance. Balance is that constant struggle and a constant joy.

So it's time to get out the task list and get moving again.

-Jared

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I understand that. I have a 2 year old (about to turn 3) daughter and squeezing in a little drawing time here and there is always a struggle.